Andrew is a ‘playwright’, by its true definition: a play-wright; a crafter of plays. He began directing at the age of 18 with Kushner’s ‘Angels in America’ Millenium Approaches’. He discovered a passion for writing plays back in 2011 when he penned ‘Halcyon’ and has since written ‘The Butterfly Lovers’, ‘Knipe Point’, ‘Dulce et Docurum Est’, ‘Whitechapel Division’, ‘Entertaining Elephants’, ‘Algorithm’, ‘Christmas Spirits’ and was co-writer for ‘The Core’.
He started out in theatre as a confused fifteen year old in an amateur version of Joan Littlewood’s ‘Oh What a Lovely War’. He is now a graduate from a drama school she helped founder (East 15 Acting School). With a well-developed bag of tricks and vigour for the unturned stone, he is wedging his way nicely into this age old industry of luck, survival and storytelling.
- National Theatre Connections Festival Director of ‘#YOLO’ by Matthew Bulgo for Churchill Theatre
- Director and Writer of ‘Knipe Point’ for Faceache Theatre at Churchill Theatre
- Youth Theatre Director for Fixation Theatre at Finchley Youth Theatre
- Assistant Director for the ‘Putting it on and Getting Away With It’ festival at Stephen Joseph Theatre
- Freelance facilitator at Kevin Spacey Foundation
- Script Consultant for ‘Sheperdess Row’ with TheatreLand
- Devisor for ‘A Wake’ at JW3 (Faceache Theatre Production)
- Director for ‘Dear Motherland’ (Faceache Theatre Production)
Andrew has worked with the likes of: Sir. Alan Ayckbourn, Ash Mukherjee, Ramiro Silveira, Didi Hopkins, Jacqueline Genie, Taurie Kinoshita, Nicholas Logue, Cheryl Govan, Colette Hiller, Jeff Teare, Steffany George, Dr. Jeungsook Yoo, Dr. Margaret Coldiron, Janine Birkett, Wu Wen Cong, Chris Monks, Ichiro Nakayama and Di Tabuchi, Prof. Pak Wayan Dibia, Made Pujawati and Prof. William Sun at the Shanghai Theatre Academy in a research project on Traditional Peking Opera.
“Full of exciting and fresh artistic ideas.” – Ramiro Silveira
“An excellent collaborator and a pleasure to work with.” – Jeff Teare